Sunday, March 23, 2014

Book Review: Macbeth by William Shakespeare

MacbethMacbeth by William Shakespeare
Let's just skip right to my summary because all the Goodreads "synopses" are not legit at all..
Liana's Summary: Macbeth, originally thane of Glamis, has been promoted to thane of Cawdor. Three witches told him a prophecy that said he would eventually become king-- this troubles him. He actually becomes king, and that is the start to his ultimate downfall.

Rate(1-10): 6.5



Super short and sweet review:

Oh, assigned reading. How I hate you.

But it's not too low of a rating because I actually enjoyed reading this story and laughing at Shakespeare's comical insertions. ("What, you egg?" I. fucking. died.) I really enjoyed the amount of theme and irony there was, and how absolute psycho Lady Macbeth was.

When reading Shakespeare, just remember. Sparknotes is your friend. I am so glad Sparknotes is my friend. That is pretty much it, I suppose..

Click here to see my "The Struggle of Reading Shakespeare" post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!