Sunday, April 27, 2014

Book Review: Cress by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #3)


Cress by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #3)
Book Summary: Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 
When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.


In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Rate(1-10): 10



So I just finished this book. This amazing, amazing book. I can't. I've waited an entire year for this book to come out after Scarlet, and now I have to wait an entire year for Winter. shoot me

The story was absolutely AMAZING (what other word can I use to describe this) and there was a LOAD of plot AND character development. This was a page turner filled with laughing and nearly crying and anticipation. Freakin' amazing.

-possible spoilers below-

I love this whole concept of "Rapunzel" trapped in a "tower". It's so cool, yaknow? And then Thorne coming to save Cress like he was her Flynn Rider. That was cute.

Cress, a character that I really disliked in the beginning, has earned my respect and acceptance. Well, 1) she snatched Thorne. (I shipped Thorne and Cinder so HARD THAT IS UNFAIR) 2) She was so useless in some parts because all she knew how to do was cower in fear. But I really can't expect much from someone who's been trapped in a satellite for most of her life. To me, I think she coped pretty well with meeting that many people. You can see her character development. But she had this endless "I'm a damsel in distress and someone has to save me" attitude that was so irritating. Like girl, save yourself. But she developed into someone that I could respect, and she lost her dependency on Sybil which is totally great.

Thorne, Cress's center of attention, is still cocky as ever and I just absolutely love him. He's my favorite, and not only because he's sexy. You can see him opening up and starting to care for Cress it's really cute

Cinder and Kai's relationship is still a little awkward, but the ending was still cute despite how they were going to declare war and everything.. I had an anti-Kai bias in the beginning of this book, but now, I don't think he's so bad after all. He's just trying his best and being the best emperor that he can be. 

Wolf. You can see how much he has developed feelings for Scarlet (poor Wolf) with her absence. Like, despite his outrages and despite how he almost choked Cinder to death (lol), you can see how much he cares for her.
---

Overall, this book was so good and you have to read this series if you haven't already. I CAN'T WAIT FOR WINTER!


Quotes:


"You can help me pick out a tiara when we're done saving the world."


I love Cinder.


"The day he'd gone rogue."


That's hot.


"Scarlet knew he was waiting for her to make the first move."


omg someone has to do it


"He inhaled sharply, but otherwise became still as rock--"



AW SHE MAKES HIM NERVOUS


"Cinder risked her life going to that farm, and she did it . . . she may have done it for me."


SO SELF CENTERED


"And that can cause blindness?"

hell. no. omg



"That you're lonely, and I'm irresistible?"


omg he's cocky and he has a reason to be


"She was about to die."


So melodramatic


"It starts with kidnapping the groom."


OH god


"I hope she comes to her senses soon, because I see how she looks at you and I do not care for it, not one bit."


Daddy doesn't approve


"Her hair was a mess, as it always was."


I don't know why that's so funny but it just is.. I wonder if he finds that hot


"Then she raised her hand and shot him."


*I'm a boss ass bitch, bitch, bitch...*


"The bruise had formed around a dark red splotch..."


OH MY GOD NO


"His captivity was instant, airtight and suffocating and final."


NO I'M NOT CRYING I HAVE A BRANCH IN MY EYE


"...she fell to her knees, paralyzed, cowering behind her arms."


someone spell u s e l e s s


"...revealing a faint tan line around his eyes."


Uneven tans are the worst.....
-----------

What do you guys think of this review?

1 comment:

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!