Saturday, May 18, 2013

Book Review: Across the Universe by Beth Revis.

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)Across the Universe by Beth Revis.
Book Summary: A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder. 

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

Liana's Summary: Amy had to choose. To leave her home with her parents, or stay-- but without her parents. Of course she went with them. She wakes up to find herself aboard a spaceshift with curiously strange people and a fake sun, fake rain, and a leader-- a tyrant. Eldest. When she meets Elder, the Eldest-to-be, everything goes for a turn.

Rate(1-10): 8

There were two reasons that I read this book:
-Looking forward to read the rest of the series. Heard Shades of Earth was really good!
-People were raving about it, and I'm just like, oh..

And that's it..

There were many things that I liked and didn't like about this book. 

I liked:
-Beth Revis's science-fiction-ness. It's been a while since I'd read a sci-fi. 
-Her writing. The author just sort of captivates you with her writing and she sort of pours her emotion into it, and we can really tell if it's Amy or Elder that's talking.
-The whole general plot. There were a fair amount of twists, and in my opinion, I think they were all very well organized.
-Harley. LOL. He was the only character that I actually liked..

I disliked:
-Amy. She's annoying and her attitude stinks. 
-Elder. He's clingy and annoying. Just a bit insecure but I don't dislike him for that-- in fact, I appreciate his insecurity because it makes him a bit more realistic than the standard confident, hot, fictional cocky guys..
-Their names. WHY AMY AND WHY ELDER JUST--
-The romance. It was all too fast for me. I don't think that Amy really fell for him as much as Elder fell for her, but....... oh well.

That's really just it. I hope the romance develops a little more in the next two books, because I am definitely planning to finish this trilogy sometime soon!

Quotes~

"..frexing chance.."

Frex.. what an interesting word..


"..is a girl."


Is this where the plot starts


"She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.."



Uh huh okay Elder let's get back to the plot


"..drift back to her breasts.."


I knew he wasn't looking at her face..


"I can't let myself think about Jason."



STOP TALKING ABOUT JASON DAMMIT


"You're beautiful..."


-cough- youmeanherboobsare -cough-


"..and all I want to do is seize her, crush her against me, feel her lips with mine."


Just stop


"..there is nothing between us at all."


Yay.


"Whoever this Jason is, I want to kill him."


this is why I dislike Elder


"That's all, I tell myself, that's all."


NO IT'S NOT FREXING 'ALL' YOU STUPID BITCH DON'T DO IT


"Flip the switch."


SOMEONE THROW THIS BITCH INTO THE STARS BEFORE SHE DOES SOMETHING


"But I can smash it."


I'm done with her


"I can't take his dream away."


THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT! HAH!


"What is it?"



SHUT UP OMG.


"I won't let them hate me."


-FACEDESK- THEY'RE NOT GONNA HATE YOU


"..that's what Jason would have done,.."


stop it omg


"..where I met Jason.."

no one gives a frexing frex about Jason so stop
----------------------------
That's that. What do you think of this review?(:

1 comment:

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!