Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Book Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass. (The Selection #2)

The Elite (The Selection, #2)The Elite by Kiera Cass. 
(The Selection #2)
Book Summary: The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Liana's Summary: There are six of them left-- the Elite. But only one will be the one, who will marry Prince Maxon. America Singer is torn between Maxon and Aspen, between the prince of Illea and her longtime love. Who will she choose? Just as indecisiveness is getting the best of her, she discovers something. That she isn't the only one that Maxon likes.

Rate(1-10): 9.5

Ah, another one of my highly anticipated reads, finally devoured by me. (That rhymes! Sort of..)

Anyways, after I finished The Selection, after that ending left me open-mouthed, I knew I had to get The Elite. And alas.. my hands have gotten themselves on this beautiful, beautiful book.

As usual, Kiera Cass wrote with grace and captivated me in her writing and plot organization. There were a handful of twists that shocked me greatly and had my mouth hanging open.

The main character, America, is absolutely FEISTY. Not to mention stubborn, and just absolutely awesome. I know I loved her in the first book for her strength and stubbornness, but now her indecision has driven me to a point in which I'm not so sure anymore. 

This love triangle has gotten to a point of tension, where it just leaves me somewhere in the middle.. I just need the next book now to help me decide. This indecision is unacceptable! I should have seen this coming, LOL, with Kiera Cass writing a blog post about shipping Asperica.. I mean, Maxon is a nice guy, but very, very indecisive. I just don't know what to think anymore.

The covers are gorgeous, and I can't wait to see book 3's cover! I just can't believe I have to wait some more for the next book, ugh. Can't wait.

This was a great read.

Quotes!
"And you know.. you know.."


no she does not know
in order for her to know you must say it out loud!!!

"Listen, you have to promise not to say anything about this."


And Maxon told her that same exact thing -facepalm-

"Somebody's jealous,"


Is it just me or is Aspen being flirtatious

"...and slapped her as hard as I could across her face."


SLAP DAT BITCH TO DEATH

"I thought you were mine,"


Nope, just go away omg.

"..but it's the same way I felt when you broke up with me."


You tell him, girl!
---------------
That's it! What did you think of this review?(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!