Monday, June 25, 2012

Book Review: The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.
Book Summary:Seventeen year-old Veronica “Ronnie” Miller’s life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father… until her mother decides it would be in everyone’s best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie’s father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story about love in its myriad forms – first love, the love between parents and children – that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that deeply felt relationships can break our hearts… and heal them.
Liana's Summary: When Ronnie Miller reluctantly moves to her dad's house for the summer, she complains endlessly to her mom. Why does she have to see HIM when he left them for no good reason? But when she stays for the whole summer, she realizes something that changes her view about her dad forever.


Rate(1-10): 9.8


It is so sad. Oh my god. All Nicholas Sparks books are sad, I think, besides The Notebook. Idk. That's what I heard. I'm not obsessed enough to know. YET.
This novel. Is like, omg. Sad. Sad, sad, you wanna cry. Not because that someone's gonna die, it's that the little boy is about to lose someone important after they had so much fun together. Well, here are some of my reactions:( I actually bothered to buy sticky tabs to mark the epic moments, so there's gonna be a lot.) Oh yeah. And the following quotes are non-spoilers. Just so you know. Unless you care about every single thing. I'm not even putting who said it! Well, here:


"..but that was enough to make him wonder again what she'd be like in bed."


Omg, Marcus. Please, please, please go away. You're scary.


"..he definitely wanted to get to know her a little better, and..."

Ooou, Will, go for it. 

" Without warning, he took a step toward her..."

OMG. WILL.

"You tried to kiss him!"

Ew. Who would kiss Marcus.

"You didn't tell me your name."
" I suppose I didn't."


Ooh, spicy comebacks! I needa learn that from her.

" I was thinking we could be..friends."

EW. MARCUS. GUH AWAY.

"My house, my turtles."

FANCCCCYYYY COMEBACKS.

" They bought me a pony and everything when I did a book report on Cat in the Hat."

OMFG. WILL. READ MORE.

"One second he was standing three feet away from her, and in the next he had a hand on her hip and was pulling her close."

Will, careful now. :O

" We were in a garage, you had grease on your hands, and your buddy was gawking."
" A perfect setting."

Will, you are so romantic. -_-'

"...skipped off around the corner.. directly into the arms of Marcus."

Oh, Veronica. Did you have to be so careless? The scene looks stupid with your ice cream. You made me scared nonetheless.
"What aren't you telling me?"

GAWD WILL. WHAT IS THERE TO HIDE. TELL HER.

"She felt her own breath catch in her throat."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

" A moment later, her hands were on fire as well..."

GALADRIEL! ARE YOU OKAY?! D:

"But this time he didn't stop there. Instead, he smashed Marcus with his fist..."

YES! GO WILL! YES! GO GO GOG GOGOGOGOGOOG YESSSSSSS!

"Ronnie was suddenly frozen in place, suddenly more scared than she'd ever been."

NO! IT CAN'T BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEAAAASEEEEE NOOOOO.

"You pretended it was him, when it was you all along!"

Okay, now I just feel even worse about what's happening right now.

See guys? It's a lot. I basically stopped bookmarking since I was reading in the car for the last 100 pages.(No, I never get carsick. It's such a gift.) Anyway, you can get to know me over my reactions. Nicholas Sparks's novels changed my views about things. Really.

So guys, that's all! This is a huge recommendation!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!