Friday, December 28, 2012

Book Review: The Gift by James Patterson.

The Gift (Witch & Wizard, #2) The Gift by James Patterson.
Witch and Wizard, #2.
Book Summary: When Whit & Wisty were imprisoned by the wicked forces of the totalitarian regime known as the New Order, they were barely able to escape with their lives. Now part of a hidden community of teens like themselves, Whit and Wisty have established themselves as leaders of the Resistance, willing to sacrifice anything to save kids kidnapped and brutally imprisoned by the New Order.

But the One has other plans in store for them: He needs Wisty, for she is "The One Who Has the Gift." While trying to figure out what that means, Whit and Wisty's suspenseful adventures through Overworld and Shadowland lead to a jaw-dropping climax and conclusion: the highly-anticipated fulfillment of the heart-pounding opening prologue of book one... The Execution of the Allgoods.

Liana's Summary: Whit and Wisty are still rebelling. They still need to find their parents. Wisty is apparently the one who is in the most danger, because, well. She's The One Who Has The Gift. Wisty might actually know what to do. But the thing is, Whit refuses to let her do anything. The siblings must differ from friend or foe and do what is right. But, what, exactly, is right? And what is wrong?

Rate(1-10): 9

This book was just so entertaining to read.

Okay, if you haven't read this series yet I recommend you check out my review for book 1 of this series, Witch and Wizard. Just search it up in the NavBar above!

The only reasons I read this book:
-I own it.
-I was curious of the plot especially after reading Witch and Wizard.

So if you read my review for book 1 you probably know I had a huge rant about comparing this series with Harry Potter. This isn't a bad series. The plot is suspenseful and interesting. But the thing was, it was compared to HP. And guess what that did? 1-star ratings all over the place.

But I'm not gonna re-type my whole rant here because I already did it in the review for Witch and Wizard.

The plot was just so gorgeously constructed I thought my jaw was going to fall off from dropping so much. (Okay not really but I'm a fan of overexaggeration.) But. BUT. BUT BUT BUT. Dangit I don't like BUT but I have to use it because, well. James Patterson's writing screwed it all up. So you see that I gave this book a 9/10 rating. The thing that kept it from being a 10 was the WRITING. His writing. Ugh I think I could have wrote in the same style when I was 10 years old.

Anyways.

Whit and Wisty are actually NOT really realistic to me. Not really, anyways. It's just like, Whit is attached to his dead girlfriend and he won't let her go. And he's so clumsy sometimes I just get annoyed like crap. And then all of a sudden he's the wise caring brother every sister wants. And Wisty. She's so rebellious I don't think any normal teenager could be so... badass. She doesn't smoke or have tattoos or do drugs or anything like that but it's just her spirit. I don't know. It's not really realistic.

Let me just discuss the antagonist. HE IS SO FREAKING ANNOYING. Not the most common word for a supposedly-evil antagonist, right? He just reminds me of the dude from Phineas and Ferb, enough said. He's NOTHING compared to Lord Voldemort. Just saying. But he's evil enough to do what he did at the end.

And let me say something about Byron. Oh my lord I don't even know what to think of him anymore. First, I hate his stupid weasel guts, and then I loosen up on him a bit and couldn't care less if he lives or dies. And then I feel gratitude and then I feel hate and then I feel gratitude and then I just want to kick him in the balls and throw him over a cliff. Oh wait I still want to do that. He actually confessed his love. And that was really gross because he's so. freaking. ka;jfklsjkajkj. No words okay I just don't like him and I don't think I ever will

The end. Oh my God. THE ENDING. Can I just cry and crawl into a fetal position now. Never have I seen in a book where all the hard work the protagonists did throughout the whole story COLLAPSE just like that at the end. What an ending, what an ending. I'm done. I'm just gonna go read the next book and see what happens. Although I'm not really sure I want to read book 4 because I can't stand walking around reading a book called The Kiss. But we'll just see.

I'm so mean, all I did was insult. LOL. Omg. Okay, there are really good points about this story. Like, the interesting plot and the suspense and etc. It's pretty much unpredictable sometimes.

Quotes.

"Bald is beautiful, baby!"

Did he just call her baby.


"As much as she hates the guy, they do seem to have a weird connection."

That's not awkward at all. Oh my goodness.
-----------
I apologize for the lack of quotes, lol.
Anyways, that's all. What did you think of this review? (;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!