Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Book Review: The Merchant of Death by DJ MacHale.

The Merchant of Death (Pendragon, #1) The Merchant of Death by DJ MacHale.
Book Summary: Bobby Pendragon is a seemingly normal fourteen-year-old boy. He has a family, a home, and even Marley, his beloved dog. But there is something very special about Bobby. He is going to save the world.

And not just Earth as we know it. Bobby is slowly starting to realize that life in the cosmos isn't quite what he thought it was. And before he can object, he is swept off to an alternate dimension known as Denduron, a territory inhabited by strange beings, ruled by a magical tyrant, and plagued by dangerous revolution.

If Bobby wants to see his family again, he's going to have to accept his role as savior, and accept it wholeheartedly. Because, as he is about to discover, Denduron is only the beginning....

Liana's Summary: Bobby Pendragon is going to save the world. But he doesn't know that, at first. His Uncle Press is usually a cool guy, someone who never takes things too seriously. However, when Uncle Press suddenly becomes serious and urges Bobby to go with him, Bobby knows something's up. So he decides to follow Uncle Press.. into the dimension of Denduron, somewhere that completely contradicts his ideas of logic, and that's where he finds out what he needs to do and what role he needs to play.

Rate(1-10): 9

My friend has been recommending this series to me for about 6 months, LOL. And I finally decide to touch it now. Not because I didn't want to read it, but because I couldn't seem to get my hands on an available copy. But now that I've read it, I'm glad that I have done so.

Bobby Pendragon, the main character, seems like a normal 14 year old kid. He's popular, point guard on the school's basketball team, respected by his peers. He's funny and sarcastic and clever when he knows he needs to be. I found that in many situations in this book he had to save himself and the people with him, and he always had a way. Reminds me a lot of Percy Jackson. And, like Rick Riordan, DJ MacHale sort of writes with the same style, too. Which made me love this book that much more.

I'm honestly shocked that there are 10 books in this series. That's a whole lot. I'm serious. omg. But yeah, I'm totally ready. 

My friend, Dalena, said that this book wasn't as good as the rest, and that just got me excited because this book was pretty fabulous on its own.

Yeah, I think I'm going to save my breath and discussion concepts for the next 9 reviews I'll be writing for this series.. sooner or later. 

Quotes~

"Yo."

Someone slap this kid. \

"And then Saint Dane began to transform."


Transformerrrrrrrs

"Tomorrow I'm going after Uncle Press."



"Gee, sorry I hit your hand with my face, chubby."


AND IN THAT MOMENT I SWEAR WE WERE INFINITE  KNEW I LOVED BOBBY 
PENDRAGON'S SARCASM
--------------
Yeah, that's that!
What did you think of this review? (;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!