Sunday, February 3, 2013

Book Reviews (Mini): The Queen's Army by Marissa Meyer.(Lunar Chronicles 1.5) (+, Scarlet [Lunar Chronicles #2], Chapters 1-5)

The Queen's Army (Lunar Chronicles, #1.5) The Queen's Army by Marissa Meyer.
Book Summary: It is time. The boy must leave his family to serve in the Queen’s army. To be chosen is an honor. To decline is impossible. The boy is modified. He is trained for several years, and learns to fight to the death. He proves to the Queen -- and to himself -- that he is capable of evil. He is just the kind of soldier the Queen wants: the alpha of his pack.

Liana's Summary: Z is chosen to work for the queen. It's for the best, he tells himself. He must leave his family and be modified to be more... acceptable. At the very end, he accomplishes exactly what he tried so hard to avoid-- becoming the alpha of his pack.

Rate(1-10): 9


Basically, I was looking through Marissa Meyer's books while crying for SCARLET, which I found a free preview for (I'll get back to that later). And I found this. I just danced my way to Tor.com because somehow I knew they had this book (yay, they did!). So I read it. It's about Ze'ev and his turning into a wolf and all, and I seriously don't know how this relates much to the story of The Lunar Chronicles at all. If it weren't for the fact that Ze'ev was clarified as a Lunar then I would be doubting if this short story was by Marissa Meyer at all. Yeah, if you want to read it, just drop by at Tor.com. That website is great. The cover is absolutely gorgeous, right? 

This story was a momentary quench of my thirst for Scarlet, Lunar Chronicles #2. I've been waiting.. forever.......

So I think I dragged together a few theories. Since this story was written at all, I think Ze'ev will play the role of The Big Bad Wolf while Scarlet is Little Red Riding Hood. Just a guess. I can't wait to read Scarlet.

Speaking of Scarlet..


Scarlet: Chapters 1-5 Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (CH 1-5 PREVIEW)
I'm not going to bother with the book summary and my summary and all that because it was only a 1-5 chapter preview. It's completely free on Amazon and you can transfer it to your kindle or mobile device or whatever, or, like me, Kindle for PC. It gave me a good sneak peek of what to expect from this book, and instead of quenching my thirst, this actually made my thirst worse. Gosh, Marissa Meyer. Thanks a lot. I'm planning to get this book real soon.. THE RELEASE DATE IS TWO DAYS AWAY. ERMAHGERD.
I really like that about Marissa Meyer books, though, that there's always legit previews. Unlike people and their 2 page previews. But yeah, I SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE.

Yes, I felt the need to put these two together just because they're both by Marissa Meyer. And really short.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liana, what is your email address where I can send you a book review request?
    alexandraares dot com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!