Sunday, February 24, 2013

Book Review: Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone.

Time Between Us Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone.
Book Summary: Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, Time Between Us is a stunning, spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new voice in YA fiction.

Liana's Summary: Anna is 16 years old in 1995. Bennett? Well, he's.. not even 1 years old in 1995. However, when Bennett discovers his traveling ability when he grows a bit older, he goes back in time and meets Anna when she's 16. They were never supposed to meet. Never supposed to meet when both of them were the same age, anyways. When romance unexpectedly occurs, Anna is heartbroken to see that Bennett can't stay.. what can she do? And more importantly, what can Bennett do?

Rate(1-10): 10

Okay, call me a judgmental person. At first I thought that this book was boring (shame on me shame on me shame on me) based on the cover. (I need to slap myself.) Usually, I dislike contemporary novels. A lot. With some exceptions. Well, as I've been reading more and more contemporary novels and a wee little less fantasy, dystopian, etc, I've come to realize that contemporary novels aren't so bad after all.

I should have guessed it was about time travel based on the title, but I didn't really think that. Ugh. I thought that this was a normal contemporary novel.. however, it's time travel time travel time travel. How cool is that?!

At first I was so set not to read this because it just wasn't a book that fit into my usual genres. But then I got this as a recommendation. 2 times. From people I trust with their book opinions. So I guess I had to give it a try. After all, I don't turn down recommendations.

I've always been fascinated with time travel. I would do it if I could but the whole thing is kind of scary because of the butterfly effect and all, and especially that one story by Ray Bradbury.. A Sound of Thunder, I think. It just scared the crap out of me and I know the significance of time-travel and messing with stuff that was about to happen. Because we are all catalysts (sounds like something I could use in an essay).

So the guy character. Bennett. I feel the need to talk about him first, LOL. He's the time-travel guy. He can teleport and time-travel. It's amazing because I want to be able to think of one place and then be there in a flash. I'd take the teleporting ability, but not the time-travel one, thanks. Ha. 

Now, the protagonist. Anna. She's a good protagonist. But she was really pushy and selfish and just plain annoying at specific times. Otherwise, she's fairly likable. 

The romance between Bennett and Anna? It was PEEEEERF. Yes, totally. PERF. Although I find it sort of strange how they live in different times.. how she's 17 years older than him. LOL. But they fell in love when they were -supposedly- the same age, if that makes sense, so everything's good.

The ending is also perfect. It ended right where it should have ended, and I'm glad it ended that way and at that moment. 

If you think hard about this time & space travel thing it messes with your brain. LOL so just go with the flow..

This was totally an amazing 368 pages and I wasn't even eager to finish it and yet I was so eager to finish it because I didn't want to finish such an amazing book but I didn't want to leave it alone because it was so amazing. My point is, I loved it, and finished it in one sitting. 

-it hurts me to think that I have to return this to the library-

Anyways. Quotes.

"He dog-ears his page.."



HE DOES WHAT. HELL NO

"Anna?" He stares at me in disbelief. "Your name is Anna?"



Is this recognition I smell?

"..a connection."



Awww. Y'all have a connection! (;

"Go away,"



Wtf he has issues.

"..but Bennett is gone."




"..the proximity makes my heart race."



Aww the proximity makes your heart race. (;

"His arms are more muscular than I'd pictured them.."



"Your friend from the record store, Justin, sort of asked me out."



BLOODY HELL WHAT

"Bennett has gotten a haircut."



NO WTF WHY


"..I'm completely in love with you."


Awwwww he's in love with her. :')

"..because he's suddenly leaning forward, closing his eyes..."


GASP GASP GASP GASP HYPERVENTILATE
-----
That's that. What did you think of this review?(:

4 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to reading Time Between Us! It's been on my TBR since it came out. I've only been hearing great things about you and your lovely review has only confirmed that . Must. Get. To. It. NOW! SO glad you loved this one! 10/10, eh? Great! Really lovely review, Liana! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *great thing about it
      *I. Must. Get...

      Sheesh! Typos! Sorry! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I've had this book for quite a long time and even got the chance to meet the author, but I STILL haven't read it! Sheesh, I'm ready to just put everything aside and read it right now! Awesome review!

    BTW, I just emailed you so if you don't see it check the spam!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!