Sunday, September 23, 2012

Book Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare.


City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)City of Glass by Cassandra Clare.
Mortal Instruments Series #3.
Book Summary: To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?

Liana's Summary: Clary is still trying to save her mom. Meanwhile, Jace is trying to keep her away, because he knows that they can't be together. Simon is stopped-- captured, just because they think he knows something. Sebastian has strange feelings for Clary- or is it feelings at all? Confirming all your earlier suspicions, Cassandra Clare takes you through another journey in this wonderful third book of the Mortal Instruments series.

Rate(1-10): 10!

Okay, so, since this is the third book of this series, I really have not that much to say that I didn't mention in the previous C Clare book reviews. This review is going to be quite short, due to what I mentioned in the last sentence and the fact that I was short on tabs for quotes while I was at my grandma's. Which is so sad because there was a lot of witty quotes I could have quoted.

Of course, like all other Cassandra Clare books, this book made me ridiculously happy in one point and ridiculously sad at another point and furiously furious at another. I loved it so much! (: It made me mostly happy though because something happened that I'm not gonna mention. Remember, spoiler-free reviews!
I originally thought that the cover was this one character (Assumption) , but it ended up being this other character that I don't really like(Ugly Reality). Oh well. My Assumption is way too hot to have those flabs that the Ugly Reality has. See those flabs. ugh. Well, he's only on the cover because he's important. In a bad way.
The thing I liked most about this book was that it confirmed a lot of my suspicions and answered a lot of my questions. In a good way. Definitely.
I'm kind of scared to read City of Fallen Angels, due to all the negative things people are saying about it. Yes. I know. I should never listen to other people's opinions about books. Yep, but, I'm still scared, because, my fandom buddy, @Kwalebooks (Everyone go on her blog and follow her. We met like, 2 months ago and we've been fandoming nonstop about books. LOL. Two month convo! It's still goin'..), said that City of Fallen Angels was not supposed to be written, since TMI series was supposed to be a trilogy, not a.. six-logy.. And it ruined everything. The ending of City of Glass was really cute and awesome and I'm really happy with it. But oh well, more Cassandra Clare! I'm reading it anyway. Of course.

And, since I have nothing at all left to say, without further ado, quotes and commentary! 
"..Don't you ever use the phone like normal people?"
"Not if I can avoid it, vampire."


Oooh, you got some ice for that burn?

"A searing pain shot through him as everything went black."
 

"Portal."


"Go away, Isabelle." Simon, his hands fisted against his stomach, looked up at Jace, pleading in his voice. "Make her go."


"Of course."
NOOOOOO! D: STOP!

"He's cute, for a Downworlder."
Get. Away. From. Him.
"..couldn't remember which direction she'd come from anymore.."
That's why you go.. ONE DIRECTION! ;D 
 
"There's nothing between us anymore."


"I'm going to break Simon out of jail."
 

"You threw stones at my window," she said. " I thought people only did that in movies."
It's because he's uber romantic. <3
Well, you thought wrong.
I just read that wrong. So dirty-minded. You know when people say, I THOUGHT- And then the other person goes, YOU THOUGHT WRONG!..? Yeah. I read it wrong. Like, "Well. You thought wrong." Like wrong, wrong? omg. Nevermind.

"I lied."
AGAIN. That must be Jace's motto.

"No,"



And bam, just like that. NO.

"You look so plain."
Too plain to be Magnus? LOL. Magnus. Where are your sparkles.

"That you seem to be dating me dad?" Jace shrugged. "You're a little young for him, to be honest."
A Comprehensive Glossary Of Gifs / gifs glossary

"Daylighter," he breathed. "You came."
"I came,"

HE CAME. <3 SO HAPPY.
---------

There you are! Those are all. I know. It's sad- the lack of quotes. But oh well! LESS WORK FOR ME LOL
And yes, I'm saving Cassie Clare's books for now. Don't want to read it that fast, since book 6 of TMI is published in 2014. D: Anyway. Onward, with Nicholas Sparks's DEAR JOHN! (Unfortunately, I will have the moment that everyone gets after reading Cassie Clare books: Thinking all other books you read are not that good. omg. But this is Nicholas Sparks, so I'll get sucked into it in no time!)
What did you think of this review? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!