Friday, June 7, 2013

Book Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. (Hush, Hush #2)

Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick.
Book Summary: Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora's archenemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude, Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feelings that he is hiding something.

If that weren't enough, Nora is haunted by images of her murdered father, and comes to question whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death. Desperate to figure out what happened, she puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations to get the answer. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.


Liana's Summary: Patch has been acting quite mysterious lately, and Nora senses that something's up. So when Marcie Millar tells her that she saw Nora's boyfriend (mysteriously) standing outside her house, Nora confronts Patch about it, only to be faced with a wall of ice that causes her to break their relationship. So what can she do? As she discovers more and more, she realizes how dangerous this can be..

Rate(1-10): 9

At first, I thought this was too mainstream to read. 

But I was wrong.

Mainstream is good. LOL. Sometimes.

I have to give Becca Fitzpatrick credit on this one. Hush, Hush was absolutely fabulous. It compelled me to want to read more of the series, so I continue on to Crescendo. Am I satisfied? MORE THAN EVER. This was a wonderfully written book!

At first, I didn't like the book much because all the characters annoyed me. I absolutely despise annoying characters. (I mean, who doesn't?) I'm starting to realize that all the characters aren't as annoying as Nora or Marcie.. But still, I guess it's author talent that makes a character that needs to be annoying, well.. annoying. But in the end, I didn't mind that all the characters were that annoying because of the completely beguiling storyline. That storyline was completely AMAZING. I can't believe Becca Fitzpatrick managed to string everything together because this plot just connects so well with itself I can't--

Nora, our protagonist, (our oh-so-annoying protagonist) is a very.. annoying..(obviously), oblivious, and indecisive girl. She'll just get on your nerves. Apparently, she was really angry at Patch, her.. guardian angel ahem ahem.. But the thing is, she's very indecisive about what to do. And oblivious. And really stupid. But you know..

Vee, her best friend, is absolutely amazing. (You can't he;p but imagine her as Rebel Wilson. She looks like her, and her humor and attitude are almost the exact same..) I know I said I disliked all the characters, but Vee might be just an exception....

Patch. Yeah, he's pretty hot. LOL. Um, I still kind of dislike him though. Because he's just really mysterious. Many people may find that hot, but I think it's just.. annoying. I know there's a deeper side to him that I didn't see YET. Hopefully I'll see that in the rest of the series.

Which means, yes, I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the Hush, Hush Saga which has become all the rage.

And, for those who've only read the first book, and are unsure about reading the rest of the series, (you, Dalena, LOL) GO AND READ IT BECAUSE CRESCENDO WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST BOOK OH MY GOD AND THE FIRST BOOK WAS ALREADY VERY GOOD. Okay. That's it!


Quotes:
Note: This is an ARC copy. Quotes may not completely match those of the final print's.


"..and accepted a hideous-looking teddy bear with matted purple fur."


I think I laughed harder than necessary


"His name is Rixon..."



gasp


"How could he think this didn't have anything to do with us?"



Just shut up already omg


"..and I knew I was upset.."



Why..


"I'm trying to feel bad," I said, "but it sounds like you're concerned enough for the both of us."



Just stop it


"I have a right to be angry."



No you don't


"I trust you."



Fabulous


"..I smacked the heels of my hands against his chest, knocking him back a step."



I laughed even if it isn't funny..


"When I kiss my boyfriend, I want to know he feels it!"



Ou, snap.. that's cold..


"As soon as I said it, I regretted it."



That's what I thought


"Had I really broken up with him?"



The only one to blame.. IS THYSELF


"..nothing I said or did could realign the stars."



CHEESY MUCH


"..but Patch caught my hand, trapping it against his body."



HA


"..definitely a man's ring."



How do you know a woman can't have fat fingers?


"He kissed me, and I answered so hungrily I thought my lips would bruise."



Her indecision irritates the hell out of me


"..three-paragraph essay on amino acids.."



Since when do you have to write essays for Chem..


"Yeah, about that. I'm sort of having a change of heart."



NOOO


"But it's wrong."



NO IT'S NOT


"I'm not taking the diary."



YES YOU ARE


"No," I said firmly.



YES LIANA REPLIED FIRMLY


"The wall of ice between us fell away."


uGH


"I wanted Patch."



Hell yeah you do



"I want to stay out here, with you."



That's perverted


"I'm not going to read the diary. I'm going to give it back."



NOOO


"But I was scared to confront him."



Hell yeah you are


"I was reassigned to Marcie,"


WHAT TO THE ACTUAL HELL


"..he yanked the knife up and sliced blindly."


NO I'M SCARED


"Don't get too excited, but I bought you a little something.."



AWWW THAT'S SO CUTE


"Are you crazy?" I said.

"Crazy about you."


BEST PICKUP LINE EVER I SWEAR


"Jev?"



JEV OH MY GOD I CAN'T. That's hot.
---------
That's that. What do you think of this review?(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!