Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Movie Review: The Host

The Host by Stephenie Meyer.
Click here to read my book review.

Well, okay. Let's try this. This is my first book to movie comparison post, so let's see how this works. I just watched The Host, after reading it, and I couldn't help but make a blog post.

Overall, I thought it was a fantastic movie.

Rate(1-10): 8.5!

Likes:
-Saoirse Ronan was a really good actress. We could tell the difference between Melanie and Wanderer very easily.
-Jake Abel. Can we just take a moment to appreciate his perf-ness. Oh my goodness his jawline I can't.
-The movie plot was well-explained, and I think people who haven't read the book would understand what in the world was happening.
-They didn't change too much from the book!

Dislikes/discomforts:
-Saoirse, no matter how good of an actress she is, doesn't fit the role of Melanie physically. I don't think the Seeker was legit either. And their eyes were supposed to be green. So, basically, the minor differences bothered me lots.
-Left out details. In the healing scene, where they healed Jamie, there was so much more than just one spray! There was more, but that was just one of them. But, oh well. A movie can only be so long.

It was a really good movie. I bawled, even if I knew there was a happy ending. (Must be the sad music! Dang!) Compared with the book, the book was much better, I have to say. Isn't the book always better, though? But I felt like I needed to watch the movie because I needed clarification on some things, which the movie helped explain.

But yes. You guys should totes read the book first if you haven't already and watch this movie!

1 comment:

  1. I was sad that they made Melanie so young. I liked it a lot more when I thought they were all older...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!