Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Book Review: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare.


Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare.
Infernal Devices#2.
Book Summary: In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends. With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

Liana's Summary: Tessa Gray is finally safe, at least, safer than she was before. Mortmain still wants her, and she still needs time despairing over her brother. Jem and Will, parabatai, cannot be separated. They are blood brothers, swearing to protect each other. When love and romance brews, Will finds himself in the situation of choosing between protecting Jem's feelings and loving Tessa. With huge twists and uncovered secrets, Cassandra Clare writes a book that will make you laugh and cry.

Rate(1-10): 10!

I cannot believe that this series became one of my favorites. I've not read such a good book in a long time and I didn't really expect another great one to come along. I loved it so much.

Below is my few sentences for the cover appreciations:
I fell in love with the cover when I first saw it, ok. Will, who is on the cover of Clockwork Angel, is very charming, but I imagined him with longer hair. Oh well. The cover will is charming too. And Clockwork Prince, this book, has Jem on it. AHH. JEM. I love Jem. So yeah. That's exactly how I imagined him. The third book, Clockwork Princess, is the most gorgeous of the three! (: Can't wait to read it.

During this book, I died. Okay, fine, I'm still alive, but this book wrenched at my heart and soul. Okay, it was really, really, really good. REALLY GOOD! I'm telling you!

The end is such a cliffhanger though. And Clockwork Princess is just so far away from coming out. D: Well. I guess I have to wait. -Sigh- (In agony.) I loved this book so much. omg. I said that already. I liked it better than Clockwork Angel, actually. And that's saying a lot because Clockwork Angel was written by a freaking goddess--

So, quotes!~ I'm so sad I'm done. But I'm moving on and staying strong during the long hard wait. GUH.

QUOTES.

"You know I missed your pretty face.."

Yeah, if you call that pretty. What a playboy faker.

"James Carstairs smiled back at her, elegant in his dark suit.."

YAY, IT'S JEM! I got excited. LOL.

"But what I don't know-"
"You know what you need to know."


I should really say this to someone. :p

"Lord, you're Irish," said Will. "Can you make things that don't have potatoes in them? We had an Irish cook once when I was a boy. Potato pie, potato custard, potatoes with potato sauce.."

LOL. Omg. What if an Irish was reading that and got offended by the stereotype. (x

"In honor of my birthplace, I've got the dragon of Wales tattooed on my-"

BUTTOCKS.

"Will." Jem took his friend by the shirtfront and shook him.

For some reason, this part made me laugh so hard. Jem shaking someone! JEM.

"Jem!" Tessa cried.

JEM! D:

He broke off with a cough.

Oh, no.

Camille would be furious he had dog-eared her volume-

OMG. I'M SO LIKE CAMILLE THOUGH. I WOULD BE RAGING IF SOMEONE BENT MY BOOK.

"I had come to think I would never love anyone, but I love her." 

<3 D'AWWWWWWWW.

"That you might love me?"

-cough- BROMANCE

If only there were some way to scrape Will out of her mind, like scraping the mud off your shoe.

Um. Will's not mud.


He put his arms around her, straitening her spine, arranging the knife in her hand..

PERVERT. I know you want her. But she don't want you. -recoils in disgust- Who wants Gabriel anyway.
"..his shoes and jacket were off, his shirt open at the collar, his hair an adorable rumpled mess of silver.."

As I have said. All that glitters isn't gold- It's Jem. No, not even Edward Cullen can pull of the way Jem glitters.

"..grew up speaking English and Mandarin Chinese,"

Ermahgerd! He speaks Mandarin! (:

"Say something in Mandarin," said Tessa with a smile.
Jem said something rapidly, that sounded like a lot of breathy vowels and consonants run together, his voice rising and falling melodically: "Ni hen piao liang."
"What did you say?"
"I said your hair is coming undone.."


JEM. Okay, I think this is my favorite part. Because he called her pretty but he lied about it, because he's awfully shy. When I saw, Ni hen piao liang, I was like ouuuuuuuuu, hehehee. But then he said, "Your hair is coming undone," I was like, rlly. Jem. Really.

"I swear, I will Change into you, and I will lift him myself. And then everyone here will see what you look like in a dress." She fixed him with a look. "Do you understand?"

Omg. Jem in a dress. What a sight!

"God damn you," he said, and hit Will across the face, sending him spinning.

Is this Jem? O: omg. But Will deserved that. Spin, spin, spin. Wheeee~

"-and what do you mean, you don't like me?" Gabriel demanded,..

-__-' She doesn't like you. End of story.

"Your woe hath been my anguish; yea, I quail....."

This was one of the poems at the beginning of each chapter, and I stopped and read it, and saw the word "yea." And I was  like, is that a word to put in poetry? I was so bewildered I highlighted it.

"And be prepared to swoon at my finery.."

Oh, sure. SWWOOOOOOOOOOOON.

"Magnus eyed her bosom openly.."

This part is just so bizarre and awkward. Omg.

"Henry landed, then threw himself at the creature again, slashing out with his blade.."

GO HENRY GO GO GO!! GO!!

"And they leaped from the gallery above, Will and Jem, each.."

YAY! WILL AND JEM ARE HERE. (': Save their princess. Prince and Angel to the rescue. <3

"I am not naming our child Buford.."

EWWWWWWW. Buford. o____o BUT YAY! CHILD! (: CONGRATS.

---------------------------------------

There would have been more quotes, but you know. Didn't wanna take too long to type them out. Besides, there would have been some with major spoilers. (;

Like, this book is all about TWISTS, TWISTS, TWISTS, WRENCHING OUT YOUR SOUL AND ETC.

Oh yes. Honestly, I totally changed my mind about hating 3rd person POV. I like it now. (: Much better. But I'm glad to say I still like first person because you understand the character more.

After reading this book, I could not control my happiness and omg's. So, OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG SO HAPPY!~ I highly recommend this to you. This was the only book that made me hallucinate out loud.

What did you think of this review? (;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!