Sunday, November 18, 2012

Book Review: Reached by Ally Condie.

Reached (Matched, #3) Reached by Ally Condie.
Matched #3.
Book Summary: After leaving Society and desperately searching for the Rising—and each other—Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again: Cassia has been assigned to work for the Rising from within Society, while Ky has been stationed outside its borders. But nothing is as predicted, and all too soon the veil lifts and things shift once again.

In this gripping conclusion to the #1 New York Times-bestselling Matched Trilogy, Cassia will reconcile the difficulties of challenging a life too confining, seeking a freedom she never dreamed possible, and honoring a love she cannot live without.

Liana's Summary: Cassia, Ky, and Xander all have different jobs. They don't have any way of contact, except through writing letters by hand. And those can't even travel fast enough- for the plague is making a lot of messengers sick. Things change. Ally Condie concludes the bestselling Matched Trilogy with this fabulous ending.

Rate(1-10): 10

You should have seen my face when my dad actually let me order this. Wow. Wow wow wow. 


excited

So, like. Crossed was a huge disappointment. But the good thing is, I did the right thing: Stuck with it 'till the end. I'm so glad I decided to read it. Well, after all, the main reason I wanted to read it was because I wanted to find out who Cassia ended up with.

And I'm happy.

For the people who know me and how much I love Ky, my being happy does not mean that Ky ended up with Cassia and they lived happily ever after and Xander got turned into an ugly troll that resided to living into the mountains, forever alone.

Now that I think about it, it sort of reminds me of Rick Riordan's The Serpent's Shadow. He made all the readers happy. This is sort of what Ally Condie did. It sort of went one way, in which the reader thought that it was seriously going to end this way, but then it all changed and then it ended that way. Which I was super happy about. Anyways, I'm not going to mention the romance anymore, since I can't say anything without giving a spoiler, and as I promise, all my blog reviews are spoiler free. So if you would really like to see more of this, see my goodreads review!

Anyways, this book has 3 POVs. Xander, Cassia, and Ky. Honestly, I didn't like how Xander had a part. LOL. But when I finished this, I didn't mind at all. I got to know him better. I liked that. Mainly, I was looking forward to the Ky parts. I missed him. (x After all, I read the first 2 books MONTHS ago.

They all sort of talk the same. But then the reader could decipher between them by where they were, who they were talking about, and mainly, who they were thinking about. Unless they talked about themselves in third person to themselves..

This book seriously made me glare, cry, scream, and curse out loud. I loved it. And, if this book didn't end up the way I wanted it to, I still wouldn't have minded, because of the fab fab fab writing style. The good thing is, it DID end the way I wanted it to. Which is just a bonus. Any book that could make me pour out my emotions deserves a 10.

Cassia seems like a different person now. She's much more mature. I like it. Anyways, which leads me to the covers.

The covers are freaking gorgeous.


Book 1: She's sitting in an orb. Trapped. Clueless of all the lies.
Book 2: She's finally starting to get out, to realize. 
Book 3: Yep. She's a rebel. She finally makes her own choices, her own actions. Love it.

Even if they're simple, they're quite eye-catching and beautiful. The meaning is even more important, but, the mere pictures are just AWESOME.

This sort of reminds me of Marissa Meyer's Cinder and Veronica Roth's Divergent. Mainly with the plague and everything. Which leads to.. Did you know that I was always scared of the mariposa lily. LOL. omg. They look like freaking butterflies.

The "Pilot" is a huge part in this book. Let me make analogies.

Zeus is to Ancient Greeks as Pilot is to Dystopian society.
NuWa is to Chinese people as Pilot is to Dystopian society.

There. Mainly you get the point. Or you're probably sitting here wondering who in the world NuWa is. Oh well. LOL. When I say 'Dystopian Society' I mean the Matched Trilogy society, as each dystopian society is different. But that was too long to put in an analogy. omg. 

There was this one part, where Ky was narrating, where he just said this:








-------------------
Nothing. The dashed lines aren't even supposed to be there but I'm trying to make emphasis. He said NOTHING. NOTHING. FREAKING NOTHING. I was so worried.  I literally cussed out loud.

Anyways, this ending is so cute and beautiful and everything. Dramatic, even. It made me smile like an idiot.

So, the quotes!

"Ory,"


That's an interesting name..

"..and I still believe it could be me in the end."


His persistence is getting really annoying.

"This can't be true. I am immune. I have to be."


Too stubborn.

"I don't think that she is."


So less faith in the one he loves.

"Even though she's beautiful.."


DON'T SAY SHE'S BEAUTIFUL. DON'T YOU EVEN DARE.


"And don't say Cassia," she adds, with a little huff of impatience.


"She smiles and it makes her beautiful."

She steals everyone. I seriously dislike her.

"--through Ky."

Don't use Ky like that! D: 

"Nothing like Cassia."

Don't compare. Ugh.

"I'm not sorry anymore."



"I think," I say, "that this might be the cure."

image
--------

This book is freaking amazing. I loved it. This trilogy is definitely a recommendation!

What did you think of this review? (:

4 comments:

  1. Can you summarize the book please? Because I am sorta confused! Plz tell all the important details. and where does this book take place other than society?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really say anything without spoiling! Since this is the third book in a trilogy, I think you should check out book 1 first! (: Have fun. It's a really good series.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely loved this review! So cute and funny! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!