Man, I thought writing would have been easier, especially when all those authors just make it look so easy. Well, I don't count as an author (yet, muahaha), but after writing 121 pages (yes, I have written that much of Incend -yes yes yes-), I find that it's not easy at all. It's pretty hard.
It's way more than 'Once upon a time.' It's more than a beginning, a middle, and an end. Here's what I'm thinking while I write.
1. Gosh I'm so bored my readers are going to hate this
2. I can just see all the negative reviews on Goodreads.. if this gets any reviews at all
3. I'll just be one of those self-pubbed authors cos' no literary agents are gonna accept this crap
4. What that makes no sense
5. SHIT I FORGOT
6. Yes yes muahahaha dieee
7. omg this is going to be such a tragedy
8. My readers will hate this
9. WHAT WILL MY READERS THINK
10. Ew what is this
11. Merde I'm not getting anywhere with this
12. Holy shit he sounds perverted
13. He smirks too much
14. Shall I start the romance
15. How do I do this
16. Romance authors make it look so easy how do I even
17. Omg I can't anymore
18. So cocky he's annoying
19. Why am I making my characters so.. like me
20. WHAT WILL MY READERS THINK
As you can see, number 1, 9, and 20 cross my mind constantly, and that's what I'm really worried about. Since I'm such a judgmental person when it comes to books and reading and authors and their writing style, I just can't help but think about how other people like me will criticize my work. -sigh-
I think I need to loosen up and just enjoy writing the story instead of worrying about what other people will think-- but then again, isn't that what really matters in the end? Anyways, I'd like to share a quote with everyone today, especially with my fellow aspiring writers.
"Don't be afraid to write crap in the beginning."--Marie Lu, Author of the LEGEND trilogy.