Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Book Review: The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman.



The Grimm LegacyThe Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman.
Book Summary: Elizabeth has just started working as a page at the New York Circulating Material Repository - a lending library of objects, contemporary and historical, common and obscure. And secret, too - for in the repository's basement lies the Grimm Collection, a room of magical items straight from the Grimm Brother's fairy tales. But the magic mirrors and seven-league boots and other items are starting to disappear. And before she knows it, she and her fellow pages - handsome Marc, perfect Anjali, and brooding Aaron - are suddenly caught up in an exciting, and dangerous, magical adventure .
Liana's Summary:  Obviously, giving the shoes to the homeless woman was a good decision. When Elizabeth gets a job at the library, she gets acquainted with Marc, Anjali, and Aaron. Things are pretty strange there: Does magic really exist?

Rate(1-10): 8

This book was actually better than I thought it would be. It took awfully long though, since I've been awfully busy with awful awful homework. You get the point. I think it took 3 days? Yeah. :c I would've took 2. I was determined to finish it.

There's a lot of things to talk about. Okay. So first off, I want to talk about Marc. Marc Meritt, the basketball star, is really really tall. And Aaron hates his guts, because Anjali likes him instead. I think him and Anjali are a cute couple. Just saying. Aaron looks like Michael Jackson. ._. :c Scary. And I definitely like Marc better than Aaron. Not that Marc and Elizabeth would make a good couple. Ew. No. Just no. He's too tall. Aaron is really just ugh.

And there's Anjali: I think she's my favorite character in this whole book. Basically because she's got the smarts. And so talented. And nice. I don't know, maybe if she wasn't in the story, Aaron would'nt hate Marc. But, yet again, if she wasn't, everyone would be lost. What would they do without her sister?

And Aaron. I talked about Aaron in the last two paragraphs already. He's scary and he looks like Michael Jackson. He's so awkward! In the beginning, he's only nice when he's talking about rugs. And then he gets all mad when anyone mentions Marc, and whenever Anjali's there or when they're talking about her, he just gets all dreamy and I'm all like. What.

So then, yeah. I thought that Dr. Rust was really scary at first. Or was that Doc? I don't know. I think they were both scary. The bad guy in this story wasn't that unpredictable, because I wasn't that surprised.

Omg, at the cover. "Borrow the magic...if you dare!" Seriously? ._. That made me create a really bad impression on this book. But I guess it's pretty good.

And the end of the book is so " I can show you the world! Shining, shimmering, splendid!" You'll see if you read it. It's so awkward. Like she's seeing the world with Michael Jackson. I can't help but think about M.J. whenever Aaron's in the scene. And he's such a big fat jerk in the middle of the story.

And Jaya, what would I do without Jaya? She's the one that made me laugh at all in this whole book. Like, out loud. Not like "Wow, funny." Or, *smirk.* Like, really, HAHAHAH. Or maybe silent wheezing. That's more like it. My point is -She's hilarious.

Okay! So here are some of my quote-reactions: (Like 3.)

"Aaron was much nicer when he was talking about rugs than when he was scolding me about not breaking things, I thought."
MEAN.

"He had a beautiful, firm, handshake."
Oh, psh. That's Anjali's boyfriend right there. Don't even get too obsessed with him.

"He got a dreamy half-smile on his face. 'Anjali.'"

So is this why Aaron hates Marc so much? Anjali? (;
That is all. I think I would've done more, but it's just that I didn't have my sticky tabs with me on the car, and I was too lazy. But my point is, the ending is so I CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLDDDD. A WHOLE NEW WORLD!

It's so Aladdin.

So then, I'm going to move on to another book now. Jack London's Call of the Wild! It's a recommendation from my Dad, although really small and thin. I think, if I tried, I would be done really soon? I don't know. It all depends on time!

Bye~

<3, Liana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!