Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Author Interview: Chelsea Fine, Author of the Archers of Avalon series (and more..)

Hey everyone! Recently, I read Chelsea Fine's first book in the Archers of Avalon series, and enjoyed it a lot! I got a chance to interview her, and here's the Q&A! Enjoy!

Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1)
Click here to read my review!
Are you and Scarlet, the main character of the Archers of Avalon series, alike in any way?

Not really--which is a huge bummer because I would love to have her backbone. I do, however, share some of her sarcastic flare, so yay for that. :) The character I most relate to in my Archers of Avalon series is Heather. *cringes* I know, I know. She's a bit obnoxious, but gah. I'm the same way.

What was your inspiration for the Archers of Avalon series?

Good question! The short answer? I'm not sure. My sister and I were discussing love triangles with brothers one night and I was like, "I should totally write a book about impossible love like that. Because it's just so SAD." And alas, Anew was born.

Did you have an inspiration for your first book, Sophie & Carter?

Many things I've experienced/seen/heard influenced Sophie and Carter's story. I didn't mean to write it. Sophie & Carter was an exercise I did to "clear my head" when I found myself stuck while writing another book about superheroes. I was like, "I'll just free-write for twenty minutes and then get back to my superheroes." But twenty minutes turned into twelve hours, and before I knew it I had written a short story about these two next-door neighbors and I was crying my eyes out.

What is the best part of being an author, in your opinion?

The dress code! :) I get to wear pajamas everyday. Also, I get to live in my imagination, which is the happiest place in all the world.

What do you consider the hardest aspect of writing?

Deadlines, ugh. They make me want to cry, and sometimes I do. Haha. But they're necessary. I mean, if I didn't have deadlines, I would NEVER finish a book. I distract too easily.

How did you come up with the title to Anew?

I wanted a short title that summed up Scarlet coming back to life. Anew just seemed fitting since her life was, once again, starting anew.


Do you have any advice for aspiring YA writers?

Write your heart out and be fearless! Letting people read and critique your work is terrifying, I know. But it's so important! And honestly, it's invigorating. It truly is. So be brave. Put yourself--and your story--out there and OWN it. Beat on your chest and say, "This is mine and I am proud!" And then? Do it all over again. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!