Saturday, July 20, 2013

Book Review: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, Illustrations by Hyekyung Baek (Manga!)

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #1)Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, Illustrations by Hyekyung Baek, Manga!
Book Summary: A manga-adaption to the prequel of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series, The Infernal Devices is the story of Tessa Gray, a sixteen-year-old American girl traveling alone to Victorian London who runs afoul of the city's sordid supernatural underworld. Rescued by the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, Tessa quickly finds herself caught up in an intrigue that may very well destroy her new friends - including the two enigmatic young men, Jem and Will, who have taken her under their wing...

Liana's Summary: Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices, in manga form. Tessa goes to London to find her brother Nate, but she gets tangled in a mass of Shadowhunters and Downworlders.. And finds out something about herself, as well.

Rate(1-10): 10

This is my very first manga review. (The Infernal Devices will probably be the only mangas I will bother to review, or even read.. unless TMI becomes a manga series too!) Okay, usually, I don't read mangas. I don't. But I really had to read this. My favoriteseries, being turned into a manga? TOTES GONNA READ IT, OF COURSE.

I absolutely loved reading this. Almost all the characters were the perfect portrayal of my mental images (except for Magnus, though we can't deny he looks fabulous with his luscious locks). 

When I was reading this, I was just like, OH YES YES YES I REMEMBER THIS PART. I cannot wait for the Clockwork Prince manga to come out. omg. This was just amazing and brought the novel to a whole new level.


For those who are lazy to actually read the whole novel.. (Ugh, those people) please do read the whole novel prior to reading the manga, because the manga happens to be more enjoyable after you've read the book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!