Sunday, October 28, 2012

Book Review: Nandana's Mark by Heidi Garrett.

Nandana's Mark (Queen of the Realm of Faerie Series, #1) Nandana's Mark by Heidi Garret.
Book Summary: The half-faerie Melia is hounded by dark moon visions. She believes the visions are linked to her father’s ambitions to incarnate Umbra—the mortal ash accumulating in the void. When the Illustrator marks her forehead with a call for help, Melia gains the courage to challenge her father. Before help arrives, a tragic accident occurs and the truth of her family’s dark legacy is revealed.

Liana's summary: Melia is half- faerie. She doesn't have wings. She gets visions- because of Nandana's Mark. They're linked to what her father wants to do. And at last, whatever she does can kill-- literally.

Rate(1-10): 7.5

First of all, I would like to thank the author for sending me a digital copy! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
At first, when I read this book, I was like, ew no. Faeries. I hate faeries. Don't know why. But the author just wrote it in such a different way that I ended up liking this book much more than I thought I would!

However, there's one thing. You know me, you know? I want MORE ROMANCE. There was sadly a small amount of romance in this book. Which is why it went from 10 to 7. I'm always looking for the romance.

So, at first, I thought Melia was THE main character, but then her siblings have an active role in being the center of the story too.

This is really random, but as I read this book, I pictured it as a Barbie movie. Maybe it reminded me of Princess of Swan Lake or something but I can totally see this book as a Barbie movie. It's not a bad thing, LOL. I think Barbie movie plots are ridiculously interesting.

And now-- yes! It is time for quotes.

I search for the speaker. He stands in the east—a male with dark hair, sunburnt skin, and emerald eyes. I want to swim in those eyes.
He holds out his hand; it doesn’t reach me. A brown cloak billows behind him.
I want to move towards him, but my feet are rooted.
‘I will stay with you,’ he says. ‘No matter what.’

Oh my. It's finally getting good.

“Their rocks and sticks were no match for my sword.”

Uh huh.

“Stop obsessing about him. You’re worse than Melusine going on about ‘Raymond, Raymond, Raymond.’”

LOL. Once my friend was so obsessed with her crush that she was ecstatic about him merely being present at school. ohmygoodness.

She needed to regain her equilibrium.

You can use equilibrium like that? Then does that mean you can you can say, "I need to keep my homeostasis?" (;

She hated books.

Gasp. Then I hate her.

“Why aren’t you proud of us? What we did was heroic,”

You killed your father and consider yourself heroic?

“Unlike you, Ohloh, Melia doesn’t live in a world of books,” Uncle Raffles said.

Pshh. It's okay Ohloh. You're not alone. (:
-------------

And yes, that is all! What did you think of this review?

2 comments:

  1. Liana,
    Thanks so much for reading the book and writing such a great review. And thank you for being honest:) I am glad you enjoyed the book even though you hate faeries!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi,
      Thanks for bothering to read my review, and thanks again for sending me a copy! :)

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!