Thursday, October 18, 2012

Follow Friday #7!

 Follow Friday #7!
The hosts of this meme are Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. This week's features are Carmen Jenner Author and Shelf Addiction.

Q: When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?

My usual genre is Dystopian/Fantasy/Paranormal. Basically, Supernatural, Futuristic, YA. Um. So, when I step out, I go to Romance. Just Modern Day Romance. Plain romance. The absolute BEST are the Nicholas Sparks ones. Before I read Nicholas Sparks, I just HATED the plain Romance genre because it had no action or plot. (I like Romance books with action, adventure, and possibly love triangles. With another obstacle besides ROMANCE in the characters' way. ) Just Romance problems. But Nicholas Sparks writes it differently. Like, seriously. If you haven't read Nicholas Sparks yet, then go to your local library and check out all his books. They will ALL make you want to cry.

If you follow me, just comment and I'll be more than glad to follow back! Happy Friday and Happy Reading! (:

16 comments:

  1. Oh! I love triangles!!! And I'm like you, I like a plot and possibly even a story with my romance ;)
    I haven't read any Nicholas Sparks but I'll be sure to put him on my list!
    I'm an old follower, yay! Thanks for stopping by my FF'S for this week
    Book Me! and Carmen Jenner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, triangles are fab. Great to find a fellow reader with the same views!

      Yes, Nicholas Sparks is a great author! (:

      Delete
  2. I love Nicholas Spark's books! I even watch the movie adaptation just because of his books ;D
    Check out MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read much of just regular every day romance, maybe I should read a Nicolas Sparks..Here's my ff: http://inkspotsandroses.blogspot.com/2012/10/friday-feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Nicholas Sparks!
    New Follower: http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any Nicholas Sparks books, I always seem to see the movie first, and then never get to the book!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only like a triangle when it isn't overly done (think Twilight).
    I'm a new follower. :)
    <3 Mei

    ReplyDelete
  7. A plain romance every now and then is nice :)
    Have a great Friday!

    New email follower (sugar_and_snark AT yahoo .com)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I've read a few Nicholas Sparks books. They're kind of all the same but I still enjoy reading them and get teary.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually get to see the movie version of his books.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love triangles if they are done realistically :) I also read young adult. Cute bird animation.
    New follower via GFC.
    Alise - My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a fan of Sparks myself, but I can totally see why so many people love his books. I guess adult fiction would be where I got the most out of my usual genre...

    Maeva
    Murphy's Library

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to try out a book of his but I never got around to it. Maybe I will read some of his work soon. New follower from Book Blogs! I'm having a giveaway over at my blog and I'd love for you to enter! :)

    MaMa's Book Corner Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I like Nicholas Sparks too! New follower. :-)

    Tamara @ Shelf Addiction
    shelfaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm apparently going to have to try out Nicholas Sparks, because I'm in the ick romance is only good if there is other good stuff going on too camp! Thanks for the suggestion :)

    I'm a new follower (I love that twitter bird, I keep scrolling just to watch him fly around :D), here's my blog: http://www.onstarshipsanddragonwings.com/2012/10/21/feature-follow-friday-1/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!